Skip to main content

Featured post

Marketers Will Pay Naira for Dangote Fuel -IPMAN

Aliko Dangote Refined petroleum products from the $20bn Dangote Petroleum Refinery are to be sold in naira and not in the United States dollar as speculated in some quarters, oil marketers clarified on Monday. Dealers in the downstream oil sector also stated that the registration process for marketers at the refinery was still ongoing, as many operators had continued to register with the plant. It was further gathered that officials of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority were meeting with the management of the refinery to perfect the pricing template for products produced by the facility. On January 12, 2023, the Dangote Petroleum Refinery announced the commencement of production of Automotive Gas Oil, also known as diesel, and JetA1 or aviation fuel. The President, Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, had in a statement issued by the firm, said, “We have started the production of diesel and aviation fuel, and the products will be in the market within this mon

Lagos Judicial Panel: SARS officers tortured me for 48 hours, extracted my teeth


SARS officers tortured me for 48 hours, extracted my teeth, petitioner tells Lagos judicial panel


Okoli Agwu Abunike, a petitioner, Tuesday told Lagos state Judicial panel for SARS, that he was tortured for forty-eight hours by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS.


Narrating his ordeal, Agwu who is a resident of Okokomaiko, in Lagos, said he was abused and roughly treated by SARS operatives. He said his two teeth were extracted by the police unit.

His words: “I worked for a company for four and a half years as a manager. After my resignation, my boss invited me for the authentication of my resignation. When I got there, my boss had me arrested by police officers from Ojo police station.


“I was later taken to Ikeja police command where I was manhandled and brutalized by Inspector Sunday popularly known as Baba Ijapa and ASP Haruna.

“I was labelled a fraudster and was beaten, severely injured, dehumanized and dragged all around Alaba International Market. I was also taken to my church and disgraced before the congregation for an offence I knew nothing about.

“On the instruction of my boss, I was detained for 48 days and a bucket filled with cement was strapped at my back. I had bruise all over my body and two of my teeth were removed. The officers beat my wife and mother and they threatened to kill me if I did not confess to embezzling my company’s fund.


“They took all my property. They seized my house and sold my car to make up for the money they said I had embezzled. My boss also threatened to kill me if I did not pay back all the money I stole.

“The case was taken before Hon Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court and he awarded a damage of N10m against the police. But between 2016 and 2020, I have not seen anything. They have not complied with the judgment.


“They sold my land and car. In fact, the person the land was sold to dragged me before a Magistrate Court in Badagry and the Magistrate remanded me in Kpotopiri prison for three days for my inability to meet up with N50,000 fine.

“I want to appeal to this honourable panel to compel the police to honour the judgment of the court and return all my property or pay the damage because I have lost everything that I now live in running errands for people to feed my family.”

Comments

Advertisement

 tripleclicks.com
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ NEW Magnetic Wireless Bluetooth Sports Sweatproof Bass Earphones with Mic — NGN 14,156.80 (Save 37%!)
Features: 1.It is designed with Magnetic adsorption,cool to wear on neck 2.High-end metal design 3.Made by special material, sweatproof design. Ergonomic innovative design ensures this headset is comfortable and...
Features: 1.It is designed with Magnetic adsorption,cool to wear on neck 2.High-end metal design 3.Made by special material, sweatproof design. Ergonomic innovative design ensures this headset is comfortable and secure for sports 4.Built-in battery for long time playing music. 5.HiFi Stereo sound quality, enjoy high quality music. 6.Newest Bluetooth version 4.1, operation distance up to 10 meters 7.With Microphone function, handsfree to answer calls. 8.IOS mobile phone battery display. Specifications: Bluetooth Version:V4.2 Talk time:4-5 hour Music time:3-4 hour Standby: 150hour Charging time:1-2 hour Charging voltage: DC5V/1A Transmission distance:10m Channel:Stereo Color:Black,gold,sliver Package: 1x Wireless Sport Earphone 1x Charging Cable
3.57 7
34.48 USD InStock

Follow Us On Twitter