Skip to main content

Featured post

Marketers Will Pay Naira for Dangote Fuel -IPMAN

Aliko Dangote Refined petroleum products from the $20bn Dangote Petroleum Refinery are to be sold in naira and not in the United States dollar as speculated in some quarters, oil marketers clarified on Monday. Dealers in the downstream oil sector also stated that the registration process for marketers at the refinery was still ongoing, as many operators had continued to register with the plant. It was further gathered that officials of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority were meeting with the management of the refinery to perfect the pricing template for products produced by the facility. On January 12, 2023, the Dangote Petroleum Refinery announced the commencement of production of Automotive Gas Oil, also known as diesel, and JetA1 or aviation fuel. The President, Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, had in a statement issued by the firm, said, “We have started the production of diesel and aviation fuel, and the products will be in the market within this mon

#EndSARS: Mobile Police Officers Brutalized Registered Nurse On Duty in Oyo State


Nurse Owoblow

A registered nurse in Nigeria with the twitter account @Petersen_209, narrated how he was Brutalized by a Nigeria mobile police man in his place of work on duty, below are his ugly experience in the hands of police officers:

Omoogun Lanre

Sergeant OMOOGUN LANRE came to my clinic this morning 30th of October 2020. He came in and command me to give him typhoid drug, I was like man they don't do that in the clinic or hospital, you can only do that in the pharmacy. So I told him to tell me the signs and symptoms he's having, what this mobile police officer will tell me is that can't I see in his eyes that he's having typhoid fever. I was like HIV and Covid -19 is not written on anyone's forehead that I can't see any sign of what you are telling on your face. So he left and after some minutes, I saw him coming with reinforcement to my duty post in an aggressive manner. As they they enter the one carrying riffle didn't hear my own side of the talk and act based on the report given by his colleague. Before I know it, they started beating me, the one with riffle
even tell me that he will hit me with the riffle and nothing will happen. So started dragging me out of my own duty post. As they were dragging me I told that I am not a criminal that they should leave my cloth after that I met myself on the floor and they were kicking me before another Mopol (the one with club) came out to come to my rescue. I am a registered nurse licenced by Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria. Police harassed me while discharging my duty as care giver.




This is coming after the #EndSARS Protest nationwide against Police brutality, it is actually becoming clear that the Nigeria Police did not learn anything from the protest that lasted for two weeks. In the same vein so many youths have also been arrested across the country with the allegations of looting, violence and other criminal charges but, surprisingly the arrested Nigerians have not been charged to the nearest court even after a week of arrest, and many have suffered brutality and torture from Nigeria Police despite the promises of a reform, this attitude of Nigeria Police is responsible for the refusal of #EndSARS Protesters to leave the street even after Government agreed to their demands, insisting on seeing actions before leaving the street. 

Why is it very difficult for Nigeria police to embrace reform and act within the constitution of Nigeria?

Comments

Advertisement

 tripleclicks.com
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ NEW Magnetic Wireless Bluetooth Sports Sweatproof Bass Earphones with Mic — NGN 14,156.80 (Save 37%!)
Features: 1.It is designed with Magnetic adsorption,cool to wear on neck 2.High-end metal design 3.Made by special material, sweatproof design. Ergonomic innovative design ensures this headset is comfortable and...
Features: 1.It is designed with Magnetic adsorption,cool to wear on neck 2.High-end metal design 3.Made by special material, sweatproof design. Ergonomic innovative design ensures this headset is comfortable and secure for sports 4.Built-in battery for long time playing music. 5.HiFi Stereo sound quality, enjoy high quality music. 6.Newest Bluetooth version 4.1, operation distance up to 10 meters 7.With Microphone function, handsfree to answer calls. 8.IOS mobile phone battery display. Specifications: Bluetooth Version:V4.2 Talk time:4-5 hour Music time:3-4 hour Standby: 150hour Charging time:1-2 hour Charging voltage: DC5V/1A Transmission distance:10m Channel:Stereo Color:Black,gold,sliver Package: 1x Wireless Sport Earphone 1x Charging Cable
3.57 7
34.48 USD InStock

Follow Us On Twitter