Skip to main content

Featured post

Marketers Will Pay Naira for Dangote Fuel -IPMAN

Aliko Dangote Refined petroleum products from the $20bn Dangote Petroleum Refinery are to be sold in naira and not in the United States dollar as speculated in some quarters, oil marketers clarified on Monday. Dealers in the downstream oil sector also stated that the registration process for marketers at the refinery was still ongoing, as many operators had continued to register with the plant. It was further gathered that officials of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority were meeting with the management of the refinery to perfect the pricing template for products produced by the facility. On January 12, 2023, the Dangote Petroleum Refinery announced the commencement of production of Automotive Gas Oil, also known as diesel, and JetA1 or aviation fuel. The President, Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, had in a statement issued by the firm, said, “We have started the production of diesel and aviation fuel, and the products will be in the market within this mon

IG’s Team killed over 30 detainees, alleges Evans the kidnapper

Evans: gives chilling accounts of torture and extra-judicial killings by police

Alleged kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, a.k.a. Evans, whose victims had given accounts of torture while in his dungeon, on Friday narrated how he was allegedly tortured by the I-G’s Intelligence Response Team and the then Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

He also gave a chilling account of how he witnessed the extra-judicial killings of at least 30 detainees by the police team.

Evans said at the continuation of a trial-within-trial at an Ikeja High Court where he is facing trial alongside six others on a two-count charge of conspiracy and kidnapping.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that before Evans’ testimony, a five-minute, 33-second video recording was played
in the courtroom.

The video recording showed Insp. Idowu Haruna, a member of the IG’s Intelligence Response Team, sitting beside Evans cautioning him and taking his statement.

Mr Olanrewaju Ajanaku, Evans’ lawyer, however, disputed the validity of the recording by claiming it was heavily edited.

Evans, while being led in evidence by Ajanaku, described himself as a businessman dealing in haulage and ornaments, resident at No. 3, Fred Soyebode St., Magodo, Lagos.

In a graphic detail, Evans described how he was tortured by police officers after his arrest.

“Insp. Haruna (member of IG’s Intelligence Response Team) took me to Abuja and brought me back to Lagos, where I was at the I-G’s Guest House at Obalende, Lagos.

“Sunny, the 2 I/C (second in command) to Abba Kyari, Head of the IRT, Mr Christian Ugu, Mr Phillip and other police officers working with them were there.

“Haruna brought about 25 sheets of paper and asked me to sign; that day, my mind told me not to sign because it might be
my death warrant.

“Phillip put his hand in his pocket and brought out a brown hospital card; showed it to me and told me to sign it, saying that do you think that we are joking here; he said if anything happens to me here, this card covers everything.

“Phillip said the police will not be held responsible, and before I knew, Ugu slapped me and that was how they started beating me;” Evans told the court.

The alleged kidnap kingpin gave more details to the court how the police officers tortured him and made him witness executions in a bid to get him to admit to his crimes.

He said: “Mr Ugu was smoking, he quenched the cigarette on my hand. My lord, look at my head where they beat me; My Lord,
look at my hand.

“They took me to the backyard of the I-G’s guest house; I sustained injuries on my head and body, and Phillip asked the policemen to walk on me and when I started bleeding, he said you think we are joking here.

“At the backyard, I saw some people that I was paraded with; they were wearing leg chains. Some of them had bullet wounds on their legs and Phillip ordered Haruna to bring a big brown cellotape, handkerchief and poly bags.

“Haruna forced a handkerchief into the mouth of one of them; he used the cellotape to tightly tape his mouth and face and put a poly bag over his head and cellotaped it, and used another poly bag and cellotaped it for the second time, and they left the man on the ground.

“The man on the ground was shaking; he pissed (urinated) on his body, he poo-pooed (defecated) on his body and, after a while, he went quiet.

“Haruna went to the man and stepped on his body and he was unresponsive and he told me can you see I have travelled him.”

Evans told the court that four more persons were executed in the same manner by the police officers in his presence.

“I was brought before them, and I started begging, asking them what do they want me to do, and they told me to cooperate with
them, and I said okay that I will do anything they wanted me to do.



“Phillip asked them to take me to the house, and he asked if I knew the method of killing and I said no; they said that it is called ‘Saddam Hussein’.

Read the full story here
https://www.nan.ng/news/igs-team-killed-over-30-detainees-alleges-evans-the-kidnapper/

Comments

Advertisement

 tripleclicks.com
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ NEW Magnetic Wireless Bluetooth Sports Sweatproof Bass Earphones with Mic — NGN 14,156.80 (Save 37%!)
Features: 1.It is designed with Magnetic adsorption,cool to wear on neck 2.High-end metal design 3.Made by special material, sweatproof design. Ergonomic innovative design ensures this headset is comfortable and...
Features: 1.It is designed with Magnetic adsorption,cool to wear on neck 2.High-end metal design 3.Made by special material, sweatproof design. Ergonomic innovative design ensures this headset is comfortable and secure for sports 4.Built-in battery for long time playing music. 5.HiFi Stereo sound quality, enjoy high quality music. 6.Newest Bluetooth version 4.1, operation distance up to 10 meters 7.With Microphone function, handsfree to answer calls. 8.IOS mobile phone battery display. Specifications: Bluetooth Version:V4.2 Talk time:4-5 hour Music time:3-4 hour Standby: 150hour Charging time:1-2 hour Charging voltage: DC5V/1A Transmission distance:10m Channel:Stereo Color:Black,gold,sliver Package: 1x Wireless Sport Earphone 1x Charging Cable
3.57 7
34.48 USD InStock

Follow Us On Twitter